ACCS CT2/ EM/ AM ARCP Requirements
ACCS Emergency Medicine and Acute Medicine
The ARCP requirements and checklists for ACCS Emergency Medicine and Acute Medicine can be found on the Health Education West Midlands website by clicking on the following link:
Please use these Anaesthetic and Intensive Care checklists in preparation for your ARCP. Your ARCP will be conducted by your ACCS TPD using the portfolio platform and format he/she stipulates.
ACCS Anaesthesia Trainees
Please Note ACCS Anaesthesia CT 2b/3 Trainees should use the checklist and ARCP Criteria used for Anaesthesia Core Trainees.
ACCS Anaesthesia CT 2 Trainees can use the link above for ACCS EM/AM however at the bottom of this page you will find an ARCP checklist exclusively devised for your use. It combines the ARCP requirements from the ACCS and Anaesthesia Checklists into one convenient document.
Below is a clear description of the required evidence for your ARCP which will be conducted by your Core Anaesthetic TPD.
Your ARCP will be conducted entirely from the evidence presented on your Royal College e-Portfolio.
The evidence will be assessed in a structured manner according to the following checklist.
All the below information must be attached your ESSR. Failure to do so will lead to you having an unfavourable ARCP Outcome.
Your Educational Supervisor should refer to the checklist when reviewing your ESSR.
Progress Page (red/green page)
- Completion of sufficient Units of Training
- 8 Units of IAC
- Please note you need an additional CBD for Postoperative N&V in the Post-operative & Recovery Room Care UoT
- There is quite a bit of additional WPBAs to do here
- Assign all the required WPBAs to your ICM Unit of Training on the e-Portfolio – See Checklist
- Make sure your ICM Unit of Training (UoT) Lead check you have completed all of the additional WPBAs prior to signing your UoT off. Failure to do so will result in the CUT form not being valid
- Upload signed FICM paperwork to library
- Assorted Others Mandated by ACCS for CT2 year:
- The DOPS in the Pain Medicine Unit of Training
- However do not aim to do the above as minimum. Get as much done as you possibly can beyond the mandatory requirements
- 8 Units of IAC
- All Basic Level Units of Training
- You can use the Core Trainee ARCP Checklist in your 3rd CT year
- Learning Agreement
- Interim Progress Report – at least 3, covering the educational reviews at 3, 6 and 9 months
- MSF Summary
- Primary FRCA Exam Evidence – CT3
- IAC Certificate
- IAOC Certificate – CT3
- RCoA Logbook Summary(s) – Year being assessed and cumulative Core Training Logbook
- Library Evidence
- APLS (Not mandatory but preferred if ALS achieved more than 1 year ago)
- Transfer Training
- Airway Course
- Primary Level FRCA Teaching Course (Minimum 70% attendance)
- Child Protection Level 2
- Equality and Diversity Training
- Quality Improvement Activity – e.g. Audit
- Educational Supervisor
- College Tutor