Professional Development for Trainers
Educational Supervisors Less Than Full Time Training Package
Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) has developed an e-learning session for Educational Supervisors of less than full time (LTFT) trainee doctors. The session aims to equip healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to effectively supervise a LTFT trainee and raise awareness of the supervisors’ responsibilities. It highlights the importance of revalidation issues in LTFT trainees.
HEE is committed to improving Junior Doctors’ working lives and championing flexible working more broadly. With work/life balance highlighted as a mounting concern to doctors in training, and the risk of “burnout” affecting recruitment and retention in some specialties, the need for increased understanding and positive promotion of Less than Full Time Training is essential.
This learning package will complement any existing Educational/Clinical supervisor training. Trainers will be required to maintain trainer status and appraisal of their educator role may play a role in this. This package could form part of the evidence that trainers will need to collect in a revalidation cycle.
- 20-25 minute e-learning session for supervision of a less than full time trainee
- Your duties as a supervisor of a LTFT trainee under the Equality Act 2010
- The implications of LTFT training in relation to Certificates of Completion Training (CCT) dates, Annual Reviews of Competence Progression (ARCPs) and training extensions
- What LTFT training is and reasons why trainees may wish to apply
- The benefits of LTFT training
- How LTFT training is arranged and the different types of post arrangements available.
- Highly recommended for completion by all Educational Supervisors, Training Programme Directors and Heads of School.
- To access the learning content please follow this link: Supervision of TLFT Trainees e-LfH
- If you already have an account with e-LfH you can log in at this stage to access the content. Otherwise please register for an account using your work email address.