How To Supervise And Support International Doctors – Free Study Day – 4 Dec 2019 – Manchester
GMC recommended UK-wide mechanism to deliver ‘improving support for doctors new to the UK or the NHS’ after finding that the ‘Disproportionate referrals of black, Asian and minority ethnic doctors to fitness to practise processes could be driven by poor induction and support and poor feedback by managers’.
To enhance the knowledge and skills of Consultant Supervisors, experienced SAS, Senior trainees and LEDs to supervise and support International Doctors; we have organised ‘How to Supervise & Support International Doctors: A FREE Study Day‘ on 4th December 2019 in Manchester. In this study day; experienced doctors & educators involved with International doctors will share their experiences about recruitment, cultural awareness, induction, support, managing, training and development of International doctors/LEDs.
It is on 4th December 2019 at Anaesthetic Department, 5th Floor, Saint Mary’s Hospital, Manchester, M13 9WL.
Sessions on the day would be as follows are:
1. Recruiting International Doctors (PLAB vs MTI , visa etc)
2. Specific needs of IMGs
3. Developing induction and support (Peer Buddies etc) structure for IMGs
4. Developing Mentoring skills in Peer Buddies
5. Challenges of working in cross-cultural environment
6. Dealing & Supporting Doctors in Difficulty
7. Fair to Refer – How to prevent referral to GMC
8. Using Portfolio and Appraisal to support career progression
9. Providing Support For career progression (successful Fellow who got onto ST training)
10. Providing Support For CESR application
11. Differential Attainment
12. Unconscious bias
You can book a place on the course via Eventbrite link.
If you want further information dot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Sujesh Bansal
Programme Lead – Manchester International Fellowship Scheme
Consultant Anaesthetist & MFT Lead for International Doctors
Anaesthetic Lead for Gynaecology Quality & Safety
T: 0161 276 4551
F: 0161 276 8027