ACCS CT2 Anaes/ EM/ AM ARCP Requirements
General Guidance for Trainees and Trainers
The following information is for ACCS CT2 Trainees only.
Below is a clear description of the Anaesthetic and ICM related evidence required for your ARCP. This will be conducted by your Core Anaesthetic TPD if you are ACCS Anaesthetic stream and by your ACCS TPD if you are ACCS EM/AM stream.
Be mindful that as an ACCS Anaesthesia Stream CT2 trainee you will be expected to complete more than just the bare minimum of ACCS CT2 ARCP requirements, otherwise the second year of anaesthesia might be a bit overwhelming if too many outstanding modules. Discuss this with your Educational Supervisor and refer to your Anaesthesia Workbook for the required Work Place Based Assessments.
Your ARCP will be conducted entirely from the evidence presented on your Royal College Lifelong Learning Platform for anaesthetic stream trainees, and on your NHS e-Portfolio if you are AM/EM stream.
The evidence will be assessed in a structured manner according to the National Checklists below.
All the information below must be attached your ESSR. Failure to do so will lead to you having an unfavorable ARCP Outcome.
1. ARCP Checklist
The ACCS CT2 Checklist needs to be signed by the ES, scanned and uploaded to the ESSR.
2. Curriculum Coverage Checklist
When you commence as a new ACCS CT2 trainee, you should present your partially completed and signed checklist from your ACCS CT1 ARCP to your ES and College Tutor. This should highlight what you have signed off so far and what you still need to get signed off by the end of your ACCS CT2 year.
By the end of your ACCS CT2 year this checklist should be completed and signed by your ES. If this is not completed you will not obtain an Outcome 1 at ARCP. The form itself should be scanned and uploaded to your e-Portfolio as evidence in the Library.
3. Common Competencies List
The Common Competencies List (see link below) is a guide for trainers and trainees to ensure trainees have achieved a minimum of 13/25 of these competencies by end of CT2. The Common Competencies List must be scanned and uploaded to the e-portfolio for your CT2 ARCP and trainees/trainers should make sure that completed e-portfolio assessments would cover the domains listed in this Common Competency Document.
Your Educational Supervisor should refer to the ARCP checklist when establishing your learning outcomes, PDP and when reviewing your ESSR.
ACCS CT2 Anaesthesia requirements
- Completion of sufficient Units of Training
- 8 Units of IAC
- Please note you need an additional CBD for Postoperative N&V in the Post-operative & Recovery Room Care UoT
- There is quite a bit of additional WPBAs to do here
- Assign all the required WPBAs to your ICM Unit of Training on the e-Portfolio – See Checklist
- Make sure your ICM Unit of Training (UoT) Lead check you have completed all of the additional WPBAs prior to signing your UoT off. Failure to do so will result in the CUT form not being valid
- Upload signed FICM paperwork to library
- Assorted Others Mandated by ACCS for CT2 year:
- The DOPS in the Pain Medicine Unit of Training
- However do not aim to do the above as minimum. Get as much done as you possibly can beyond the mandatory requirements
- 8 Units of IAC
- Learning Agreement
- Interim Progress Report – at least 3, covering the educational reviews at 3, 6 and 9 months
- MSF Summary
- Primary FRCA Exam Evidence – CT3
- IAC Certificate
- IAOC Certificate – CT3
- RCoA Logbook Summary(s) – Year being assessed and cumulative Core Training Logbook
- Library Evidence
- APLS (Not mandatory but preferred if ALS achieved more than 1 year ago)
- Transfer Training
- Airway Course
- Primary Level FRCA Teaching Course (Minimum 70% attendance)
- Child Protection Level 2
- Equality and Diversity Training
- Quality Improvement Activity – e.g. Audit
- Educational Supervisor
- College Tutor
- Evidence of reflective practice
Finalised 2021 ACCS ARCP Decision Tables, Checklists and Guidance from the ICACCST: