ST Level Training Requirements
- ST 3: Sufficient Units to satisfy the panel that all other Intermediate Units will be completed the following year
- ST 4: All Intermediate Units including optional ones if undertaken
- ST 5: Sufficient Units to satisfy the panel that all other Higher Units will be completed the following year
- ST 6: All Essential Higher Units (Neuro, Cardio-thoracics, ICM, Paeds, Airway, Cardiac Arrest, Peri-op + a minimum of 6 other General Duties Units). Units can be deferred to ST 7 if elements of Advanced Training have taken place in ST 6.
- ST 7: All Essential Higher Units, one year of Advanced Training Units and Domains 1-6
- If you receive a preliminary outcome 1, you will not be required to attend the ARCP in person. We will however extend to you an invitation of voluntary attendance, should you wish to meet the panel to receive (or give) feedback or career guidance.
- If you receive any other preliminary outcome you will be required to attend the ARCP in person, to discuss your unfavourable outcome with the panel. Those with a preliminary outcome 6 will be required to attend as they will be leaving training.
It is therefore paramount that all trainees ensure they have booked appropriate leave for their ARCP date, well in advance of local trust guidelines. Should you not be required to attend you can cancel your leave one week prior to your ARCP. This will give Department’s enough time to re-allocate you for the session.
The RCoA National ARCP Checklist, is available to view on their website. Links to the Trainee Checklist and the Educational Supervisor Checklist are provided below.
The evidence submitted for review at your ARCP will be assessed against the National Checklist standard in order to gain a successful outcome. Please ensure you are familiar with this now, and prepare your portfolio for your ARCP according to the checklist.
No Allowance for information missing from the ARCP Checklist can be made, and Preliminary Outcomes will be issued based on the evidence submitted on the ESSR submission date.
ESSR – Educational Supervisor Meeting
When you meet with your Educational Supervisor to review your ESSR, the Checklists should be used to ensure that all the Required evidence has been uploaded to the LLP for submission to the ARCP panel review. Appropriate comments for each section should be made by the ES.
Previous Stoke School Checklist – For use up to and including December 2019 ARCP